Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Picture of Jesus

I am a graduate of BHS and can remember that picture being there. As you can probably tell from my previous post I am very conservative. As I say in my profile I would probably be considered a "far right relegious nut".
However I do disagree with my brethren that are bent on keeping this picture up. First I normally do not agree with the ACLU. However this time they are right. All the arguements have been made.
Two I feel have not been made 1)Christians have enough real legitimate fights on their hand, that they shouldn't pick one they can't win. Yes I know we are to stand up for Christ, but is that really what we are doing when we are forcing non-Christians to look at a picture(which by the way is probably not what Christ looked like)of our God.
2)All the time wasted on protesting could be used to do what God told us to do "go and witness".
How much better would the time of the students been spent, that instead of standing out side protesting and no doubt alienating the non-Christians, then witnessing to them.
Their conversation ,with one of the students that wanted the picture taken down, could have been something like this.
"Hey I can understand how you feel and if I was in your shoes I'd probably feel the same. And if they keep it up or take it down really isn't that important. But you know the person in that picture really means a lot to me. Could a take a minute and tell you why." Then they could share their testimony.
Now I realize this is coming from a 56 year old man who has had sales & evangelizing experience. But what if the Christian students adult leaders had instructed them in that instead of encouraging to protest. Which would have been more beneficial to God's kingdom.
GOD BLESS BUDDY

1 Comments:

Blogger Gundovald said...

Yes, I did look at your site. Very interesting. the hard part for me is keeping it up. Good luck to you. I'll check in on it and see how you are doing. ...Gundo

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home